Go Back   Russisk-Dansk Forum > English speaking forum

Old 19-11-2012, 21:36
Retired

Lenins medalje Stor arbejdskraft og tjenesteydelse 

Send a message via Skype™ to Figaro
Default Language And Jokes

While reading another thread here on RDF, I just stumbled over some good advice I was given when concidering the job as Moderator on RDF.

My mentor wrote me:

I know you will be fully occupied, day and night, early and late.
I also know some will write in plain language, while others in more sophisticated words.
Therefore my dear friend, always Moderate with this in mind, using words which convince, if not confuse the reader:

"In promulgating your esoteric cogitations, or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable, philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous ponderosity. Let your conversational communications possess a clarified conciseness, a compacted comprehensibleness, coalescent consistency, and a concatenated cogency. Eschew all conglomerations of flatulent garrulity, jejune babblement, and asinine affectations.

Let your extemporaneous descantings and unpremeditated expatiations have intelligibility and veracious vivacity, without rodomontade or thrasonical bombast. Sedulously avoid all polysyllabic profundity, pompous prolixity, psittaceous vacuity ventriloquial verbosity, and vaniloquent vapidity. Shun double-entendres, prurient jocosity, and pestiferous profanity, obscurant or apparent!! And, don't Moderate with big words!"
Old 19-11-2012, 23:31
Retired

LMFAO!!!

Can you translate that into english?
Old 20-11-2012, 00:37
Retired

Lenins medalje Stor arbejdskraft og tjenesteydelse 

Send a message via Skype™ to Figaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMike View Post
LMFAO!!!

Can you translate that into english?
For you my friend:

In announcing your deep thoughtful consideration, and expressing your shallow sentimentalities; friendly, rational, and emotional observations, beware of commonly used obscenely and intelligent statements.

Be precise in your conversation so it attribute your knowledge clearly, with force, fully understanndable, spending right effort to achive common reasoning.

Avoid all or any empty air ( gases generated in the intestine or stomach ) in a vain attempt to disguise the fact that you has very little worth saying, ignoring use of nonsense or bullshit wording and similar useless attempts hiding your stupid comment behind pointless remarks.

Do not let your little or lack of precise knowlegde be replaced with passion of self inflicted intelligence, with unnecessary bragging or ranting and ravings concerning your own merits too highly.

Carefully avoid all profane language characterized by such words used by parrots aslike, keep away from phrases that can be understood in different ways, appealing to sexual desire, breeding infectious brawl and do not strive to prevent the increase and spread of knowledge, indirect or apparent.

Translated into very plain english:

Be clear, be kind, share all in a good spirit with an open mind.
--------------

LMFAO....... Naturally I assume you refer to the American pop music duo consisting of Redfoo and SkyBlu....?????

Last edited by Figaro; 20-11-2012 at 16:53.
Old 20-11-2012, 05:14
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figaro View Post
.LMFAO....... Naturally I assume you refer to the American pop music duo consisting of Redfoo and SkyBlu....?????

Not only no but heck no!

Last edited by AkMike; 20-11-2012 at 05:18.